Languages Spoken: Spanish, Portuguese, Mandarin, Cantonese & Vietnamese

Mark A. Hammer & Associates, Inc.
  • Call Now For A Free Consultation
  • 1-800-529-6275
  • Weekend / Evening Meetings
30 Years Experience

Serving Auto Accident Clients
Throughout Washington State

Learn More
Semi-Truck Accidents

Delivering Immediate Response,
Aggressive Representation

Learn More
Transit Bus Accidents

Personal Legal Attention,
Comprehensive Case Results

Learn More
Motorcycle Accidents

Helping You Get Back On
The Road To Recovery

Learn More

Helping Victims Recover in Accidents Involving Uninsured Motorists

If you have been injured in a car accident in Washington, chances are either you or the other motorist is not fully insured. A study by the Insurance Information Institute found that 16.1% of Washington motorists are completely uninsured. A motorist’s lack of insurance or insufficient insurance can affect whether and how much compensation is available in the event of a collision. It is useful to consult an experienced automobile accident attorney to learn more. Mark A. Hammer & Associates, Inc. has 30 years of experience helping motorists involved in accidents throughout western Washington and Puget Sound.

Frequently Asked Questions Following Accidents with Uninsured Motorists

Victims often do not know what to do in an accident or in the moments that follow, particularly in cases involving uninsured or underinsured motorists. Below is a list of some of our most frequently asked questions following these types of accidents:

  • Can I recover for my injuries if the other motorist was uninsured? You may be able to recover for injuries suffered in auto accidents from the motorist’s personal assets if the motorist is uninsured. However, in most cases the other driver will have insufficient personal assets to fully compensate you for your injuries. You may be able to recover from your insurance provider if you have uninsured motorist coverage. Insurance providers are required by Washington law to offer uninsured motorist (UM) coverage. How much you can recover will depend on the policy limit. You should ask an attorney for more information.
  • What if the other motorist was underinsured? Similar to the case of the uninsured motorist above, you may be able to recover from your own insurance provider. Washington law also requires insurance providers to offer underinsured motorist (UIM) coverage. If your injuries exceed the liability limit of the other motorist’s coverage, and you did not turn down UIM coverage from your provider, you may be able to recover the difference, up to your own UIM limit. As noted in our auto accident FAQs, an attorney can help determine what options are available to you.
  • If I am insured, will my policy cover any of my injuries? Your insurance provider may cover your medical bills, lost wages, or both. This is known as personal injury protection (PIP). How much is covered depends on your policy, if you have not waived it. Consult an attorney for more information.
  • If I am uninsured, can I still recover for my injuries? It is possible for you to recover even if you do not have automobile insurance coverage. However, you will be ticketed for violating Washington’s mandatory auto insurance law.

Talk with a Respected Tacoma Automobile Accident Attorney

Mark A. Hammer & Associates, Inc. has three decades of experience helping accident victims in western Washington and Puget Sound. If you or some you know haen injured in a motor vehicle accident, we can help. Contact our office now for your free consultation.

Mark A. Hammer & Associates is located in Tacoma, WA and serves clients in and around Tacoma, University Place, Milton, Puyallup, Fox Island, Mcchord Afb, Lakewood, Gig Harbor, Steilacoom, Olalla, Spanaway, Dupont, Kitsap County and Pierce County.

  • 1-800-529-6275
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.